|Partners in Slime|
|Air Date Number||104|
|Episode Number Dvd||104|
|Written By||Richard Mueller|
|Date First Aired||10/07/1989|
|Season Aired||Season 5|
|On Boxset||Vol. 4, Disc 2|
In Partners in Slime, an overstuffed ghost named Poso wishes to become the ghostfather of all ghosts. He kidnaps Janine and Louis and as ransom for their release, he demands that the Ghostbusters turn over their headquarters and their ghostbusting equipment.
Janine went on a shopping spree with Louis and Slimer on hand to lug her purchases around. Slimer was distracted by a candy display and was separated from Janine and Louis. Janine noticed a sign indicating a big sale on the third floor. She dragged Louis to an elevator. The sign disintegrated. Slimer tried to catch up with them but crashed into the elevator door. He became concerned when the dial flew off and the elevator snapped at him. Slimer tried to phase through it but ended up outside the mall and was almost hit by a bus. At the Firehouse, Egon, Ray, and Winston worked on putting up a banner saying, "Happy Birthday, Janine" while Peter practiced singing like Elvis. The guys inquired why Peter couldn't just sing normally. Suddenly Slimer phased through the banner and crashed into Peter.
Slimer tried to act out what happened but luckily, a ghost appeared on Janine's computer. He identified himself as Boss Poso and revealed Janine and Louis tied up. Poso demanded the Ghostbusters hand over their operation to him by midnight. After the computer returned to normal, Egon ran a search on Poso. They went over his file and learned he worked with a sidekick named Shifter. Ray recognized Shifter and reminded everyone they caught him two weeks ago. Winston mused Shifter could help them but they would have to get him out of the Containment Unit first.
Slimer is outfitted with some equipment and Ray released a Camera Trap to follow him around. Slimer and the trap were sucked into the grid. Slimer evaded several scary and odd looking ghosts and was greeted by the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Slimer came up a card game and sighted Shifter. The guys monitored from the basement and confirmed that was Shifter. The Camera Trap activated and trapped both Slimer and Shifter. It teleported away and fell out of the grid back into the basement. Shifter attempted to leave but the guys confined him. Egon launched a collar onto Shifter's neck and told him they needed his help. Shifter was shocked. Winston stepped in and asked about Poso. Shifter revealed Poso wanted to be the Ghostfather, the big boss of ghosts on the East Coast. With the Ghostbusters' equipment, Poso could accomplish this goal. Shifter tried to flee again but Egon revealed the device kept Shifter close by. Winston offered him a deal: help them rescue their friends and he was free. Shifter agreed and pointed out Poso's location on a map, a place called Ghost Town in New Jersey.
The Ghostbusters heard enough and were ready to go. Shifter interjected and stated he could only smuggle one of them into Ghost Town. The guys soon finished covering Peter in psychoreactive slime from the Vigo incident last year. Ray reminded Peter the slime responded to thoughts and emotions. Egon added it would give him limited ghostly powers like flight and pass off as a ghost. The bucket of slime floated off. When Egon tried to grab it, it flew away with him. Shifter and Peter arrived just in time at the last ferry to Ghost Town while Slimer, Ray, and Winston observed from afar in Ecto-2. During the ride, a female ghost tried to flirt with Peter. She was annoyed when Peter spurned her advances and tossed him onto a nearby garbage barge.
Once in Ghost Town, two of Poso's henchmen recognized Peter and Shifter right away. Shifter, however, vanished and left Peter helpless. The henchmen tossed Peter into a prison cell and left to alert Poso. Peter pried the bars away but got entangled in them thanks to the slime. In another part of town, Janine declared to Poso his plan wouldn't work. Poso wasn't too pleased with her attitude. Meanwhile, Ecto-2 was attacked by ghosts and forced to crash on the outskirts of Ghost Town. Ray radioed Egon but Egon revealed several of Poso's henchmen arrived at the Firehouse. They forced Egon to take them to the Containment Unit. Egon showed it off but they didn't believe him. Egon took advantage of the situation and trapped them.
Shifter appeared to Peter and insisted he was checking the layout of the town. Peter threatened to activate Shifter's collar again. Shifter relented and got the cell keys. As they strode through town. Shifter freed himself from the collar. The last straw, Peter declared he'd save his friends and beat Poso by himself. Shifter revealed his reasons for helping the Ghostbusters. Poso was responsible for Shifter being caught by them. Peter and Shifter made up but Poso's henchmen spotted them and chased after them. Peter was unable to fly and told Shifter to activate the collar. Peter was pulled up to the roof, impressing Shifter. It was almost midnight. Ray noticed the two minute warning on Ecto-2's console. Winston announced he could get Ecto-2 running in time.
Peter busted into Poso's room with the collar. He clamped it on one of Poso's right arms and gave the signal to Shifter. Shifter flew to Ecto-2. Poso was angered by the developments and heated up the room. Peter freed Janine and Louis and they ran out the building. Winston threw out a Ghost Trap and Shifter activated the collar. He tossed the device into the trap and Poso was drawn right in. However, Poso's tail wrapped around one of Ecto-2's wheels. Shifter bit it and Poso was trapped. Slimer, Ray, and Winston cheered for Shifter and flew back to New York. The ghosts began vacating Ghost Town without Poso around. Shifter said his goodbyes to Peter and left as well. Egon arrived in Ecto-1 and handed Peter a towel. It turned out the slime grew fond of Peter and wouldn't come off. This was the last straw for Peter. However, the negative emotions caused the slime to bounce around with Peter in tow. Egon, Janine, and Louis watched as Peter called out for Egon's help.
- The episode takes place on Janine's birthday.
- Peter practices singing like Elvis while the others put up a banner in the Firehouse.
- Ray mentions the Ghostbusters caught Shifter two weeks ago. 
- The Mood Slime from the second Ghostbusters movie is what the Ghostbusters cover Peter in. In this episode, it's yellow, not pink. Egon says he collected it last year right after he and the other Ghostbusters defeated Vigo the Carpathian.  When Peter gets angry, it turns red and grows tentacles.
- Samhain is seen in the Containment Unit playing cards with the other ghosts.
- Series regular Frank Welker is the voice of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
- Poso wanting to be the Ghostfather is a play on "Godfather" author Mario Puzo.
- Shifter referred to Peter as Peter Pan. 
- On the ferry to Ghost Town, Shifter reads Ghoul Street Journal, a play on the Wall Street Journal financial newspaper.
- Shifter sarcastically refers to Ghost Town as Tahiti.  In "The Devil to Pay," the Ghostbusters won a vacation to Tahiti.
- Tahiti is also the name of the band that performed many of the series' soundtracks for its first season, but Shifter more likely meant the island of Tahiti.
- ↑ Eatock, James & Mangels, Andy (2008). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection booklet, p. 32. CPT Holdings, Inc.
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Partners in Slime " (1989) (DVD ts. 05:46-05:51). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "I remember the little squid. He's in the Containment Unit. We bagged him two weeks ago."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Partners in Slime " (1989) (DVD ts. 10:32-10:38). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "I collected it last year after we battled Vigo the Carpathian."
- ↑ Shifter (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Partners in Slime " (1989) (DVD ts. 11:40-11:42). Time Life Entertainment.
- ↑ Shifter (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Partners in Slime " (1989) (DVD ts. 13:53-13:56). Time Life Entertainment.
Episode Screen CapsEdit
Collages and EditsEdit
RGB DVD Boxset FeaturesEdit
|Previous Episode||Based on||Next Episode|
|If I Were a Witch Man||Air Date||Future Tense|
|If I Were a Witch Man||DVD Order||Future Tense|