Phantom Craftwork is the creations of ghosts.
According to Tobin's Spirit GuideEdit
- Category: Class 5 Free-Roaming Vapor
- Abilities: Slime, Food Throwing
Many of my contemporaries in the field of paranormal study believe the cake is a hoax, dreamed up by some mischievous scholars to imply that ghosts require their own form of sustenance. I have seen such phantasmal confections with my own eyes, however, and while they do not need to "eat" per se, ghosts that create such concoctions take great pride in them and are usually protective of their creations, bordering on mania.
The cake is definitely real, as my associates can attest. If you're attempting to goad one of these phantom artistes into revealing itself, there's no better way than destroying one of its creations.
Very few ghosts actually possess the ability to create objects. Maybe that's why they get so angry if humans mess with them. Take it from me: Nothing will bring a ghost out of hiding faster than messing with their handiwork.
The art page can found in the Hotel Sedgewick (first visit), during the "My Condolences to the Chef" section. It is hidden in an object in a corner of the kitchen to the right of the oven.
- Tobin's Summary notes the cake is likely a hoax.
- In "Portal," a video game series that started in 2007, a "Cake is a Lie" phrase was popularized as a meme.
- In Ghostbusters Issue #2 page 16, the Phantom Craftwork appears on the kitchen table.
- On page 12 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #18, the Phantom Craftwork makes a non-canon cameo in a portrait by the kitchen doors.