|Ray's Occult Books|
|Appeared in||Ghostbusters II|
|Address||33 St. Mark's Place|
New York, NY 10003
Ray's Occult Books is a bookstore owned and operated by Ray Stantz after the Ghostbusters were served a judicial restraining order.
Following the collapse of the Ghostbusters, Ray opened up an Occult book store; specializing in the bizarre, somewhat strange, and hard to find books. Peter Venkman is a frequent customer, as demonstrated by his having an account; he has been seen buying a book entitled "Magical Paths to Fortune and Power". Egon Spengler often browses the store's large collection of books for research, including an investigation conducted for Dana Barrett in 1989.
Ray eventually hired someone to take over as store manager, Kylie Griffin, and he would help out on occasion when he was off duty from being a Ghostbuster. The store also became a repository of sorts for several artifacts collected during the Shandor Incident during Thanksgiving 1991. A couple years later, Kylie hired Eduardo Rivera, an alleged "functional illiterate," to run the store while she was working as a Ghostbuster. While on duty, Kylie was visited by Janine. She wanted to make sure she was alright after the attack conducted by the Draugar. There wasn't any books on the subject. Peter arrived and took Kylie with him to the Warehouse.
In December, Ray and Kylie closed up the store to conduct research on behalf of the Ghostbusters. They poured through a Tobin's Spirit Guide, the latest Spates Catalog, Spectral Almanac, Moreci Bestiary, McGee's Coopted Paganism, and the New England Grimoire in search of information on recurrent child hauntings and supernatural abductions from the last 50 years. At the start of the following year, Eduardo was the only employee on duty. A strange package arrived. While inspecting it, Eduardo had an out of body experience and met Tiamat. Ray and Kylie found Eduardo on the floor and called for an ambulance. In the following spring, Special Agent Melanie Ortiz visited Ray's Occult and met with Kylie and Eduardo. They discussed the ongoing Tiamat and Gozer case.
- Ray Stantz
- Founder, Owner
Secondary Canon OnlyEdit
- Kylie Griffin
- Eduardo Rivera
- It is open until 7:00 P.M. on weekdays, midnight on Saturdays
- Based on St. Mark's Deli being located next door, Ray's Occult was filmed at 33 St. Mark's Place New York, NY 10003. 
- The current tenant of the space is a burger shop called Mark.
- In the Ghostbusters II August 5, 1988 and February 27, 1989 drafts--in opposition to the real world filming location--Ray's Occult in a small basement shop located on a quaint commercial block in Greenwich Village.  
- In the Ghostbusters II August 5, 1988 draft, Ray lost everything after the events of the first movie. He rebuilt his life with Ray's Occult Books.  
- In the Ghostbusters II August 5, 1988 draft, the store closed at seven everyday. 
- In Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions), after the Museum of (Super)Natural History Level (realistic version), the ninth message left on the Ghostbusters' answering machine is from a female customer of Ray's Occult. She called the Ghostbusters because the phone number for Ray's Occult Books is out of service and asks about some party favors she had on order on behalf of the Westchester Coven. The party is for a visitor from the "Deep South." 
- On Page 39 of Ghostbusters: The Video Game Official Game Guide, the second Ray's Occult Road Show block features the Portrait of G. Sedgewick. Ray writes it will look great in his store, Ray's Occult Books. 
- In Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions), one of the concept art images for the Thanksgiving Day Parade Lost Level (realistic version) was for Ray's Occult Books, implying there may have been some detouring similar to the Panic in Times Square Level (realistic version).  
- It was later revealed the Ghostbusters would visit the store because Ray needed to get something inside. 
- In the Ghostbusters: The Video Game (DS) version, Ray's Occult Books can be found northwest of the Firehouse.
- Ray's Occult makes a cameo on Ghostbusters Issue #9 Cover RI-B, Midtown Comics Grand Central
- In page 14 of Ghostbusters Issue #10, Ray notes Ray's Occult sells "The Jones Manual on New Orleans Voodoo" for $17.95.
- On Cover B of Ghostbusters Issue #12, in the upper left corner is Kylie's Ray's Occult Books employee badge.
- Jenny Moran loves Ray's Occult Books. 
- As of the February when the Ghostbusters were abducted by The Collectors, Kylie was the manager of Ray's Occult for almost two years. 
- Mentioned on ninth message on Firehouse's answering machine after the Museum of (Super)Natural History Level
- Ongoing Series
- Volume 1
- Volume 2
- ↑ Spook Central Ray's Occult
- ↑ Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1988). Ghostbusters II (August 5, 1988 Draft) (Script p. 20). "Paragraph reads: "It's a small basement shop located on a quaint commercial block in Greenwich Village."
- ↑ February 27, 1989 draft via Spook Central
- ↑ Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1988). Ghostbusters II (August 5, 1988 Draft) (Script p. 21). "Ray Stantz says: "I had every penny invested in Ghostbusters. You had nothing. Between the fines and the lawsuits I lost everything."
- ↑ Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1988). Ghostbusters II (August 5, 1988 Draft) (Script p. 21). "Ray Stantz says: "This bookstore is all I have."
- ↑ Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1988). Ghostbusters II (August 5, 1988 Draft) (Script p. 21). "Ray Stantz says: "Ray's Occult... Yep... Sure do... everything from Alchemy to Zoroaster, I've got it all... until seven every day... Sure thing."
- ↑ Female Caller (2009). Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Version)- Museum of (Super)Natural History Level "After finishing level, 9th message on Firehouse answering machine" (2009) (PC/PS3/Xbox 360). Atari. Female caller says: "Hi, I hope I have the right number. I'm trying to find Ray's Occult Bookstore. The number there is out of service. Walpurgisnacht is coming up and I had some party favors on order. If you know anything about it, please let me know. We have an important guest coming up from... the Deep South. And nobody wants to disappoint him. Reach me at Westchester Coven #."
- ↑ Bueno, Fernando (2009). Ghostbusters: The Video Game Official Game Guide, p. 39 (Realistic Version). Prima Games, Roseville CA USA, ISBN 2008930552.
- ↑ Spook Central 2/8/12
- ↑ Ray's Occult Concept Art
- ↑ Cross The Streams Episode 38 (ts. 39:38-42:58)
- ↑ Jenny Moran (2012).IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Issue #15" (2012) (Comic p.4). Jenny says: "I know, I love your store."
- ↑ Narrator (2013). IDW Comics- "Volume 2, Issue #1" (2013) (Comic p.1). Narrator says: "Kylie Griffin has managed Ray Stantz's occult bookstore for almost two years now and her borderline mystical research skills have been very useful to the Ghostbusters."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2014). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #14" (2014) (Comic p.15). Ray says: "A few weeks back, an employee at the bookstore -- An employee had an extracorporeal experience wherein he claimed to have met the Mesopotamian goddess of chaos."