|Ray's Occult Books|
|Appeared in||Ghostbusters II|
|Address||33 St. Mark's Place|
New York, NY 10003
Ray's Occult Books is a bookstore owned and operated by Ray Stantz after the Ghostbusters were served a judicial restraining order.
Following the collapse of the Ghostbusters, Ray opened up an Occult book store; specializing in the bizarre, somewhat strange, and hard to find books. Peter Venkman is a frequent customer, as demonstrated by his having an account; he has been seen buying a book entitled "Magical Paths to Fortune and Power". Egon Spengler often browses the store's large collection of books for research, including an investigation conducted for Dana Barrett in 1989.
Ray eventually hired someone to take over as store manager, Kylie Griffin, and he would help out on occasion when he was off duty from being a Ghostbuster. The store also became a repository of sorts for several artifacts collected during the Shandor Incident during Thanksgiving 1991. A couple years later, Kylie hired an alleged "functional illiterate" to run the store while she was working as a Ghostbuster. While on duty, Kylie was visited by Janine. She wanted to make sure she was alright after the attack conducted by the Draugar. There wasn't any books on the subject. Peter arrived and took Kylie with him to the Warehouse.
- It is open until 7:00 P.M. on weekdays, midnight on Saturdays
- Based on St. Mark's Deli next door, Ray's Occult was filmed at 33 St. Mark's Place New York, NY 10003. 
- The current tenant of the space is a burger shop called Mark.
- In opposition to the real world filming location, the 2/27/1989 draft of Ghostbusters II places Ray's Occult in a small basement shop located on a quaint commercial block in Greenwich Village. 
- In Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions), after the Museum of (Super)Natural History Level (realistic version), the ninth message left on the Ghostbusters' answering machine is from a female customer of Ray's Occult. She called the Ghostbusters because the phone number for Ray's Occult Books is out of service and asks about some party favors she had on order on behalf of the Westchester Coven. The party is for a visitor from the "Deep South." 
- On Page 39 of Ghostbusters: The Video Game Official Game Guide, the second Ray's Occult Road Show block features the Portrait of G. Sedgewick. Ray writes it will look great in his store, Ray's Occult Books. 
- In Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions), one of the concept art images for the Thanksgiving Day Parade Lost Level (realistic version) was for Ray's Occult Books, implying there may have been some detouring similar to the Panic in Times Square Level (realistic version).  
- It was later revealed the Ghostbusters would visit the store because Ray needed to get something inside. 
- In the Ghostbusters: The Video Game (DS) version, Ray's Occult Books can be found northwest of the Firehouse.
- Ray's Occult makes a cameo on Ghostbusters Issue #9 Cover RI-B, Midtown Comics Grand Central
- In page 14 of Ghostbusters Issue #10, Ray notes Ray's Occult sells "The Jones Manual on New Orleans Voodoo" for $17.95.
- On Cover B of Ghostbusters Issue #12, in the upper left corner is Kylie's Ray's Occult Books employee badge.
- Jenny Moran loves Ray's Occult Books. 
- ↑ Spook Central Ray's Occult
- ↑ February 27, 1989 draft via Spook Central
- ↑ Female Caller (2009). Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Version)- Museum of (Super)Natural History Level "After finishing level, 9th message on Firehouse answering machine" (2009) (PC/PS3/Xbox 360). Atari. Female caller says: "Hi, I hope I have the right number. I'm trying to find Ray's Occult Bookstore. The number there is out of service. Walpurgisnacht is coming up and I had some party favors on order. If you know anything about it, please let me know. We have an important guest coming up from... the Deep South. And nobody wants to disappoint him. Reach me at Westchester Coven #."
- ↑ Bueno, Fernando (2009). Ghostbusters: The Video Game Official Game Guide, p. 39 (Realistic Version). Prima Games, Roseville CA USA, ISBN 2008930552.
- ↑ Spook Central 2/8/12
- ↑ Ray's Occult Concept Art
- ↑ Cross The Streams Episode 38 (ts. 39:38-42:58)
- ↑ Jenny Moran (2012).IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Issue #15" (2012) (Comic p.4). Jenny says: "I know, I love your store."
- Ongoing Series