|Air Date Number||097|
|Episode Number Dvd||097|
|Written By||Richard Mueller|
|Date First Aired||10/22/1988|
|Season Aired||Season 4|
|On Boxset||Vol. 4, Disc 1|
In Short Stuff, the Ghostmaster General, tired of the Ghostbusters' constant interference, sends three ghostly bounty hunters to eliminate the heroes at the Firehouse. In the ensuing battle, the Ghostbusters are reduced to six inches in height! 
In a run down part of the city, Winston chased after a ghost. It hopped out a window only to get blasted by Peter. Ray fired another stream at the ghost. Slimer handed a Ghost Trap to Egon and he trapped the ghost. Peter cheered this latest capture but Ray wasn't as enthusiastic. On the way back to headquarters, the guys asked Ray why he was so bummed out. Ray declared he wanted it to be like the good old days when they faced off of major manifestations like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and the Sandman. Somewhere in the Netherworld, the Ghostmaster became aggravated. He ordered his minions to get him the "Book of Annoying Beings." He noticed there were only two ghosts serving him and asked where the rest of them were. Ghostmaster realized the Ghostbusters captured them all. He vowed to take care of them once and for all and summoned his three best bounty hunters to bring them in alive. Ghostmaster promised a reward for whoever brought him the Ghostbusters and severe punishment for the other two then sent them through a portal.
At the Firehouse, Ray is still bummed while everyone ate. Egon tried to console Ray but down below, a portal opened and Arborak came through, demolishing Janine's desk. The guys raced down and inspected the remains of the desk. Arborak attacked and started spraying webbing on Ray then Peter. Slimer flew into action and slimed all of Arborak's eyes. Winston grabbed a Ghost Trap from a locker and threw it in the ghost's direction. Just as Arborak got his eyesight back, he swallowed the trap. Winston opened the trap and captured it. As Peter peeled the webbing off, Egon noted this was an ambush.
Soon after, as the guys drove in the city, Ulyoth morphed into a brick wall and caught them offguard. Ulyoth then started launching P.K.E. blasts at them. The Ghostbusters tried to return fire but the Proton Streams deflected off of the ghost. It vanished into the sewers then resurfaced behind the Ghostbusters. Ulyoth stripped the packs off them! They quickly ran into Ecto-1 but Ulyoth flew under the hood and immobilized the car. The guys ran into a nearby building and settled in a room. As Ulyoth entered through the mail slot, Egon opened the trap he managed to take along with him and captured the ghost. As a city worker looked at a jacket, the third ghost Nurgot came through a portal. It looked at a stack of Punk Cinema magazines and took the form of the figure on the cover. At the Firehouse, the Ghostbusters finished setting up an ad hoc security system.
Nurgot walked up to the Firehouse entrance and looked up at the camera. It remotely hypnotized Janine and had her turn off the security system. Nurgot entered and made Janine fall asleep. Nurgot cast shrinking spells at the Ghostbusters while being protected by a magic bubble floating around him. Nurgot eventually shrank the guys and trapped them in the bubble. After Slimer woke up Janine and updated her on what was going on, he flew after Nurgot. At the last minute, Slimer bumped Nurgot into the portal which knocked the bubble out of its hand. The bubble shattered and the guys were safe. The Ghostmaster was angered by Nurgot's incompetence and sent it back to finish the job. Slimer flew the guys to a roof where Egon instructed him to tell Janine to find a counter spell in the Big Red Book of Ancient Spells.
The Ghostbusters, meanwhile, had to distract Nurgot long enough for Janine to find a spell. They walked across a clothesline but a crow went after them. The guys narrowly dodged the bird and entered a ventilation system. Nurgot followed them into a building that turned out to be a bottling plant. He turned up the ventilation and the guys were blown onto the conveyor belt where they ended up in a bottle of Yuppie Water. At the Firehouse, Janine was unable to find a spell and elected to try them all out. The guys were loaded up on a delivery truck and were in danger of drowning. Egon instructed them to shake around then shoot at the cap. The pressure from the carbonation helped free them and they were launched onto a car. The driver assumed they were bugs and activated her windshield wipers. They ended up in a car and asked a boy for his help. The boy agreed and lent them a balloon. They floated out of his bedroom just as Nurgot caught up to them. Janine's spells began turning Slimer various colors and patterns - maroon, blue, purple, rainbow, striped, and split into three Slimer's.
Ray shot the balloon and the Ghostbusters drifted down to the Firehouse. Janine spotted them in the window sill and they tried to find the spell. Instead, the Firehouse changed colors and patterns, Peter turned rat-like, and Ray cast a light show. Nurgot noticed and headed for the Firehouse. Ray cast a restoration spell that bound Slimer into one and turned Peter back. Luckily, the spell also made Slimer grow progressively bigger. He smothered Nurgot and broke its concentration. Ray and Egon found the right spell and the guys returned back to normal. They confined Nurgot and trapped it. As they relaxed in the rec room, the Ghostmaster appeared on their television and swore revenge. Ghostmaster vanished and the television melted. Only Ray was utterly excited.
- Ray refers to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Sandman when telling the other Ghostbusters how bored he is that they haven't encountered a major manifestation for some time. 
- There is a production tape (Production #175006, 10/18/1988) version of this episode which contains the animation and voice track and has time stamp numbers in the upper left corner of the screen. There is no music nor sound.
- The ghost captured in the beginning of the episode appears in the end credits of Extreme Ghostbusters.
- While there is a standard title screen in this episode, there is an additional "story by" credit at the beginning of the episode itself.
- This marks the first (of three) appearances of the Ghostmaster. He will later make a cameo appearance in "Jailbusters" and make his final appearance in "Revenge of the Ghostmaster."
- The Ghostmaster was originally created to be the series' main villain,  as he vowed revenge to the Ghostbuster at the end of the episode, however this episode, his cameo in "Jailbusters", and "Revenge of the Ghostmaster" would be the only three appearances of him.
- At the 03:24 mark, the page in the Book of Annoying Beings misspells Winston's last name as "Zedmore" instead of "Zeddemore."
- ↑ Eatock, James & Mangels, Andy (2008). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection booklet, p. 31. CPT Holdings, Inc.
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Short Stuff" (1988) (DVD ts. 02:20-02:23). Time Life Entertainment.
- ↑ Spook Central -Short Stuff
Episode Screen CapsEdit
Collages and EditsEdit
|Previous Episode||Based on||Next Episode|
|Robo-Buster||Air Date||Follow That Hearse|
|Robo-Buster||DVD Order||Follow That Hearse|