Stay Puft Marshmallows are a fictional food in the Ghostbusters franchise. Their mascot is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
Primary Canon HistoryEdit
Some time during Ray Stantz' youth, he roasted Stay Puft Marshmallows and it remained his most fondest childhood memory.
In 1984, when Dana Barrett first encounters Zuul, her abandoned groceries included a bag of the marshmallows and some time later, a sign advertising them can be seen when the Storage facility explodes.
Secondary Canon HistoryEdit
Legion Mini SeriesEdit
After the Ghost of Christmas Past transports the Ghostbusters and Woodrow Wainwright Fraser III to Camp Waconda, they witness a young Ray with his parents roasting Stay Puft Marshmallows. Ray also appears to keep a bag on his nightstand in the Firehouse sleeping quarters. Some marshmallows are present in the apartment where Janine Melnitz's team's first bust took place. Dana also still keeps a bag in her kitchen.
In an alternate timeline, the Ghostbusters chose not to cross the streams. 31 days later, they agreed to help Gozer get back to its home dimension and thus lose its new Destructor Form. After they recruited Tempore Ruga to send Gozer back in time, the timeline corrected itself. The Ghostbusters returned to the Firehouse with Dana and Louis. Ray didn't know why but he admitted to having a powerful craving for Stay Puft Marshmallows. He asked if anyone wanted to roast some. Peter agreed to it.
- The "Stays Puft, Even When Toasted" slogan for Stay Puft Marshmallows originated in the original script. 
- According to Michael Gross, at one point a Stay Puft Marshmallows spot was considered for either the ending or beginning of the Ghostbusters commercial. A cartoon Stay Puft Marshmallow Man would be dancing around like the Pillsbury Doughboy. It was deemed overkill and discarded. 
- Stay Puft Marshmallows would be manufactured in real-life by Omni Consumer Products in 2010 and Parallax Corporation in 2012.
- In Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions), a billboard for Stay Puft Marshmallows appears in Times Square.
- The fifth message left on the Firehouse answering machine accessible after the cut scenes that follow the Panic in Times Square Level mentions Stay Puft Marshmallows and they are produced by a company called Comm Core Corp. 
- In Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, a billboard for Stay Puft Marshmallows appears a few times in Level 4: NYC Mayhem.
- On page 10 of Ghostbusters Issue #3, a Stay Puft Marshmallows advertisement can be seen atop the other ads.
- On page 23 of Ghostbusters Issue #4, a Stay Puft Marshmallows bag can be partially seen.
- On page 11 of Ghostbusters Issue #15, there is an advertisement for Stay Puft Marshmallows to the left of the blonde man.
- On page nine of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #3, there is an advertisement for Stay Puft Marshmallows above Janine's right arm.
- On page 22 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #9, a bag appears in the pin-up art.
- In the Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria hard cover collection, on page two, a bag is partially visible in the upper left corner.
- On the Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #2 Regular Cover, the Ray from The Real Ghostbusters has a bag of Stay Puft Marshmallows
- This bag is the type seen in The Real Ghostbusters episodes such as "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream" and "Apocalypse - - What, Now?"
- On the Retailer Exclusive Cover of Ghostbusters: Funko Universe, in the lower right corner are a bag of Stay Puft Marshmallows.
- On page 3 of Ghostbusters 101 #5, panel 5, the green contents are Slimer bits from Campfire's Ghostbusters Marshmallows.
- On page 11 of Ghostbusters 101 #6, in panel 4, on a sign on the left is the Stay Puft Marshmallows ad from the first movie.
Primary Canon AppearancesEdit
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions)
Secondary Canon AppearancesEdit
The Real GhostbustersEdit
- "The Real Ghostbusters Pilot"
- Slimer is eating the marshmallows while in a truck.
- "Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream"
- A child is seen sleeping with a bag of Stay Puft Marshmallows.
- "Apocalypse - - What, Now?"
- A TV ad for Stay Puft Marshmallows is seen.
- "Sticky Business"
- Stay Puft was slated to be featured in a commercial for them.
- 88MPH Studios
- "Past, Present, and Future"
- Volume One
- Volume Two
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ghostbusters
- Ghostbusters Annual 2015
- "Daydreams and Nightmares!"
- Page 10, on panel 3, on the middle shelf
- "Daydreams and Nightmares!"
- Ghostbusters 101
- Ghostbusters: Deviations
- Cameo on page 24
- ↑ Shay, Don (November 1985). Making Ghostbusters, p. 138 annotation. New York Zoetrope, New York NY USA, ISBN 0918432685. Paragraph reads: "A large billboard -- rendered in matte painting form by Matthew Yuricich -- appears on one of the buildings adjacent to the firehall. Featured on it is a representation of the Stay-Puft marshmallow man and the words "Stay-Puft Marshmallows -- Stays Puft, Even When Toasted" -- an advertising slogan lifted from Dan Aykroyd's original script."
- ↑ Shay, Don (November 1985). Making Ghostbusters, p. 49 annotation. New York Zoetrope, New York NY USA, ISBN 0918432685. Michael Gross recounts: "In fact, at one point, we considered either ending or beginning the Ghostbusters commercial with a Stay-Puft spot -- complete with a little stop-motion countertop like the Pillsbury doughboy. We discarded that idea, though, as being a bit of overkill."
- ↑ Rennie Handrahan; After Panic in Times Square, Firehouse 2nd Floor Answering Machine Message 5 of 13 (2009). Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions) - Firehouse (2009) (PC/PS3/Xbox 360). Terminal Reality. Rennie Handrahan says: "Rennie Handrahan with Comm Core Corp. Stay Puft Marshmallows are one of the many high quality products we make here at Comm Core. Frankly, we're outraged. You may have fooled the city with your little puppet show but not us! This company has worked over 75 years to cultivate the family friendly image of Mr. Stay Puft. He was modeled after somebody's uncle for crying out loud! And it wasn't all so you could go to war with him in downtown Manhattan! This is defamation of character on the grandest scale! You'll be hearing from us Ghostbusters! Have a sunny, funny Comm Core Corp day."