Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This marble head cries, sobs, and wails.
c. 1943 This statue originally resided with many others in a fountain in a quiet piazza near the Ponte Vecchio. Stories have it that during World War II, a squad of Blackshirts was brutalizing a woman and her small children. When one of the children fell, his head struck the rim of the fountain, and he died instantly. The fountain's cherubs stirred to life at that moment, wailing and crying, beseeching "Perche, Il Duce? Perche?" Indeed, the stone cherubs never stopped, and made such an awful and pain-filled sound that the fountain had to be demolished by explosives. A single stone angel head was gathered by villagers and hidden in a deep well until Mussolini was overthrown, which is the exact moment the head stopped crying.
Where to Find ItEdit
In the Field: After battling the group of Grave Fiends and Cultists with Ray, destroy the tombstones that block your path. March straight ahead and examine the short wall to the right of the crypt ahead of you.
At the Firehouse: It is on the second floor, in the main Room, by the cork board.
- Ponte Vecchio is a Medieval bridge over the Arno River, in Florence, Italy and is Europe's oldest wholly-stone, closed-spandrel segmental arch bridge.
- Blackshirts were Italian Fascist paramilitary groups organized by dictator Benito Mussolini in 1919.
- "Perche, Il Duce? Perche?" translates to "Why, Il Duce? Why?"
- Il Duce is a title for leader taken by Mussolini in 1925.
- The Stone Angel Head resembles the Stone Angels that the Ghostbusters battle in The Video Game.
- On page three of Ghostbusters Issue #8, the Stone Angel Head lies on the mantle.