The Great Strazinski found out that whenever he used the Magic Cabinet and the secret word "Goomba," his assistants would disappear for real! He called the Ghostbusters to find the source of the problem. It was then discovered that the cabinet was a dimensional gateway that sent assistants and doves to the realm of the netherworld demon Gorgar, who was looking for a magician to teach him magic tricks. Strazinski told the Ghostbusters about the secret word but accidentally teleported them to Gorgar's realm.
- "The Great Strazinski" was named by this episode's writer, Larry DiTillio, in tribute to former story editor J. Michael Straczynski. Straczynski previously named the character DyTillio after Larry DiTillio in "Ragnarok and Roll".
- In a discarded scene, Strazinski's last appearance in the episode was meant to be after the Ghostbusters are teleported by the Magic Cabinet. Slimer makes him faint. 
- On page nine of Ghostbusters Issue #8, a flier for Strazinski is posted up on a board in Delgado's Gym.
- ↑ Janine Melnitz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "You Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks" (1990) (DVD ts. 02:13-02:18). Time Life Entertainment. Janine says: "The Great Strazinski. Prince of Prestidigitation. Oh, you're a magician."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "You Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks" (1990) (DVD ts. 02:59-03:01). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "He's the star magician at the Magic Palace."
- ↑ The Great Strazinski (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "You Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks" (1990) (DVD ts. 03:04-03:13). Time Life Entertainment. Strazkinski says: "This whole thing is just so strange. I know it's odd for a magician. But the thought of something really supernatural terrifies me."
- ↑ Rader, Brad (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Volume Four Disc Five, "You Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks" Storyboard p.84. CPT Holdings, Inc. Ray says: "Straz sees Slimer. Sinks o.s."