During a paranormal conference, the Nameless Book was stolen from a Soviet institute's collection by Vladimir Pavel Maximov and Dmitri Smerdyakov. In order to distract the authorities, they pinned the theft on the Ghostbusters. In the confusion, they took the book to the Old One Cult and began to cast a spell from it. The cult was taken to the Temple of the Old One where the book awakened The Old One. The book was never seen again after the Ghostbusters defeated the Old One.
The Nameless Book is one of two books that has the ability to awaken the Old Ones. According to the P.K.E. Meter, the book is very powerful and puts out a lot of paranormal energy.  When a spell is being cast from the book, it is impervious to the Proton Streams.
- "The Nameless Book" is an old reference to the Necronomicon. 
- On page 19 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #1, the Nameless Book makes a non-canon cameo behind Janine.
- ↑ Katarina Novachenka (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Russian About" (1990) (DVD ts. 07:16-07:18). Time Life Entertainment. Katarina says: "It was a thing called the Nameless Book."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Russian About" (1990) (DVD ts. 07:25-07:32). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "It's a book so powerful, so ancient, so full of magic you can't say it's name. If you do, terrible things happen."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Russian About" (1990) (DVD ts. 07:12-07:15). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "My P.K.E. Meter said something very powerful was once in here."
- ↑ Radio Free Amerika with J. Michael Straczynski 5/2/1991