Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Transdimensional Portal  is a gateway created by Egon Spengler and Ray Stantz as a method of transferring ghosts directly to the Netherworld if space in the Containment Unit ever ran out.  
While testing the Transdimensional Portal in Egon's laboratory, Egon and Ray demonstrated it to Janine Melnitz, who turned out to be the Copycat. A Terror Dog attempted to lunge out of the portal but its safety field effectively kept it at bay.  The Copycat posed as Egon and shut the power on the portal. Ray restored it to working order. A short while later, the Copycat tricked Egon into blasting the portal. As a result, the Terror Dog crossed over. The Ghostbusters managed to force it back through the portal and ejected it.
- On page 17 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #5, the Transdimensional Portal makes a non-canon cameo behind Egon Spengler.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Issue #4, the Ghostbusters' Interspatial Teleportation Unit was visually based on the Transdimensional Portal.
- On page 20 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #1, Ray is excited by the Interspatial Teleportation Unit and wants to build one, too.  This is foreshadowing (in hindsight), the appearance of the Transdimensional Portal during the events of The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Copycat"
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Copycat" (1987) (DVD ts. 04:47-04:51). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "Ray, this would be an excellent time to test the Transdimensional Portal."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Copycat" (1987) (DVD ts. 08:50-08:52). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "It'll allow us direct access to the Netherworld."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Copycat" (1987) (DVD ts. 09:05-09:11). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "When we run out of space in the Containment Unit, this will allow us to transfer ghosts directly to the Netherworld."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Copycat" (1987) (DVD ts. 09:27-09:29). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "As long as the safety field is on, he can't get through."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2015). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #1" (2015) (Comic p.20). Ray says: "I'd love to build one of our own! How 'bout it guys? Can we?!"