Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This event was referenced by Ray Stantz to try to explain the significance of Louis Tully's ordeal. Gozer's entry in our world was, according to Ray, "The biggest interdimensional cross rip since the Tunguska Blast of 1909."
The Tunguska Blast of 1909 happened as a result of a meeting between John Horace Tobin and Vladimir Belascu in the Tunguska region. Something went terribly wrong and Tobin didn't like talking about it much.
- Historically, a Tunguska event, actually happened one year earlier, in 1908.
- It is possible Ray was referring to this, and simply got the date wrong in his excitement or some events in the Ghostbusters universe happened differently than in actual history.
- Numerous theories about the real-life event abound, including a few paranormal theories involving a UFO crash. The most widely accepted theories behind the blast involve a stellar object such as a comet impacting the atmosphere and provoking a natural hydrogen bomb effect.
- On page six of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #11, the blue Post-It Note on Luko's depiction in the Principia Mathematica references the Tunguska Blast of 1909.
- On page 22 panel 3 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Issue #2, there is a non-canon reference to Tunguska in Ray Stantz' locker.