When the Ghostbusters arrived to confront and stop Rowan North, they had interaction with The Mercado Hotel receptionist Vanessa. She clearly was neither interested in dealing with all the current issues in the hotel, nor did she care. When the Ghostbusters asked to see the janitor, Vanessa told them to take him out. Apparently, Rowan was neglecting his job duties and Vanessa didn't care to even deal with his firing.
- This is the second cameo by Ghostbusters alumni in the 2016 film (third if you count the Harold bust easter egg).
- Her role clearly is a homage to Annie Potts's role as Janine Melnitz in the first film.
- Notable line "What do ya want?!", which is from the first film.
- Her name wasn't given at the end credits despite wearing a name tag with her name on it in her scene.
- On September 20, 2015, it was first rumored Annie Potts would cameo as a hotel clerk. 
- On January 11, 2016, during an appearance on Hollywood Today Live, Annie Potts remained cryptic about a possible cameo in the movie. Potts only said, "That could be true." 
- ↑ Flickering Myth "Annie Potts to Cameo in Ghostbusters" 9/20/15
- ↑ Hollywood Today 1:38-1:40 mark "Is Annie Potts in the Ghostbusters Remake?" Live 1/11/16