Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Venk-Man!, Peter becomes supercharged with extraordinary powers of strength and flight, but his new super powers are not without a price.
In his laboratory, Egon ran another set of tests on Slimer using an Electroencephalograph combined with a Particle Thrower. However, Slimer was laughing. Ray peeked into the laboratory and inquired about what was going on. Egon surmised the circuit board was missing a resistor and the ray made Slimer ticklish instead of itch. Ray was concerned for Slimer's health but Egon reassured him the setting wouldn't hurt him and he may have incidentally isolated a ghost's pleasure center. Ray half-joked the Ghostbusters were about trapping not entertaining ghosts. Suddenly, the trio heard some noise from across the hallway. Peter was excessively weight lifting in preparation for beach time. Peter was disconcerted with a lack of burn and loaded more weights. However, it was too many weights and Peter was flipped into the air. He landed on Egon's testing device and shattered the table it was on. As Peter got up, he was hit by a proton ray!
Peter came to in his bed and was surrounded by the guys. Peter was glowing then suddenly flew and his muscles expanded greatly. Egon realized the proton ray imbued Peter with powers. Some time later, downstairs, Ray and Slimer loaded Ghost Traps into Ecto-1. Peter flew down and but the force of landing left him partially submerged. Peter struggled to regain his balance. The phone rang and Ecto-1 departed. Peter chose to fly instead but crashed into a light pole. After he fixed it, Peter took off again. They all arrived at a museum and were taken into a courtyard. The ghost strayed too close to the statues and the Ghostbusters lacked a clear shot. Peter stepped forward and it bounced right off him! Peter sneaked around and grabbed the ghost by its tail. Disregarding safety protocol, Peter placed the ghost right into an open trap and shrugged off the burn. Photographers surrounded Peter and took pictures.
Winston became quickly fed up with Peter's surge in fame. Egon spoke with Ray about Peter's condition. It was only temporary but Peter ignored him. Ray asked Slimer to keep an eye on Peter for them. Peter arrived in a superhero costume and declared he was going to be called "Venk-Man." Peter tripped on his makeshift cape and broke Janine's desk. Winston didn't buy Peter's rhetoric. Egon suggested a sidekick. Slimer appeared as "Super Spud." Peter thought about it and agreed to the proposal. They flew together on patrol. At the zoo, a giant rat terrorized elephants in their pen. The Ghostbusters were about to shoot but Venk-Man arrived and beat up the rat. Winston got annoyed by Peter's slew of appearances on television. Egon presented Winston and Ray with bad news, the circuit boards from the experiment self-destructed. Peter's super strength could evaporate at any moment.
Elsewhere in the city, Venk-Man and Super Spud emerged from a posh white limousine. The chauffeur apprised the duo of a haunting at the Brooklyn Ironworks. They took off but Peter couldn't fly. He eventually was able to fly. Before Slimer followed, he called up Egon. At the Ironworks, employees ran away from a giant ghost with two heads. They spotted Venk-Man and Super Spud and cheered. Venk-Man's powers waned but he still fought the ghost. Peter lost his powers and was about to fall into a vat. Slimer tried to pick him up but still struggled. Ray blasted the ghost, Winston trapped it, and Winston saved Peter and Slimer. Down in the basement, Peter burned up the costumes and apologized to everyone for being a meat head. Everyone made up and Ray suggested pizza. Peter wanted two, one for Venk-Man and one for Super Spud.
- This is a 15 minute episode.
- This is the only episode of the series to have a title card with lowercase letters.
- Peter jokingly refers himself as "The Incredible Hunk," a play on "The Incredible Hulk." 
- Venk-Man is a guest on an Oprah-like show titled "Okrah" and gives teen dating tips. 
- Venk-Man and Super Spud is similar to the duo of Superman and Krypto, a superhero with his pet as a partner.
- Before the Ironworks incident, Venk-Man and Super Spud were about to go to the Waldorf Astoria, a famous New York hotel. 
- ↑ Eatock, James & Mangels, Andy (2008). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection booklet, p. 35. CPT Holdings, Inc.
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Venk-Man!" (1989) (DVD ts. 02:18-02:19). Time Life Entertainment. Peter says: "The Incredible Hunk!"
- ↑ Announcer (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Venk-Man!" (1989) (DVD ts. 09:42-09:45). Time Life Entertainment. Announcer says: "Today on Okra, teen dating tips with Venk-Man."
- ↑ Limousine Driver (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Venk-Man!" (1989) (DVD ts. 10:13-10:14). Time Life Entertainment. Driver says: "Waldorf Astoria, sir."
Episode Screen CapsEdit
Collages and EditsEdit
RGB DVD Boxset FeaturesEdit
|Previous Episode||Based on||Next Episode|
|The Halloween Door||Air Date||Trading Faces|
|Loose Screws||DVD Order||Slimer Streak|