Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vladimir Pavel Maximov  was an occult scientist who wanted to summon one of the Old Ones. Vladimir is from Minsk,  capital of Belarus, a country annexed into the Soviet Union. He was assisted by a man named Dmitri Smerdyakov.
Vladimir presented a paranormal theory, that took him 20 years to compose, to the paranormal conference: the Titanic sank because it crashed into Elvis.  He was soon laughed off stage but secretly used the time to steal The Nameless Book and then accuse the Ghostbusters to keep them from stopping him. Eventually, he summoned the Old One, but the Ghostbusters managed to defeat it. Vladimir and his associate were then arrested.
Vladimir isn't a very nice guy. He calls the Ghostbusters frauds and also openly said that the Old One would help him rule the world alone (without Dmitri).  He also seems to be a bit careless, as he called Einstein a fraud without thinking that it would make Egon mad enough to beat him up something bad. Dmitri is his comic foil, as he always takes his partner's abuse without a complaint.
- ↑ Eatock, James and Mangels, Andy (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Booklet, p. 36. CPT Holdings, Inc. Line reads: "Walter Koenig guest stars as the voice of Vladimir."
- ↑ Katarina Novachenka (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Russian About" (1990) (DVD ts. 04:02-04:07). Time Life Entertainment. Katarina says: "Comrade Ghostbusters, I want to introduce you to Vladimir Pavel Maximov and Dmitri Smerdyakov."
- ↑ Katarina Novachenka (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Russian About" (1990) (DVD ts. 04:07-04:09). Time Life Entertainment. Katarina says: "They are from Minsk and Pinsk."
- ↑ Vladimir Pavel Maximov (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Russian About" (1990) (DVD ts. 05:10-05:26). Time Life Entertainment. Vladimir says: "And so in conclusion, I have spent 20 years of my life proving my greatest paranormal theory - that the Titanic did not sink when it struck the iceberg. It did not strike the iceberg. It struck Elvis Presley."
- ↑ Vladimir Pavel Maximov (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Russian About" (1990) (DVD ts. 19:11-19:14). Time Life Entertainment. Vladimir says: "He made promise I would rule the world."