Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Weaver Hall Department of Psychology, which is a part of Columbia University. At the start of the film the three future Ghostbusters worked here, conducting experiments and research on the paranormal.
Before their funding was terminated, Egon, Ray, and Peter worked in the Department of Psychology located at Weaver Hall on the upper west side of campus. They were based in the Paranormal Studies Laboratory, Room 205 A. Presumably, the men taught courses that in some way related to the paranormal, even though Dr. Venkman's specialties were psychology and parapsychology. Whatever their coursework consisted of, the Board of Regents voted to terminate the funding for the lab, and they were evicted from the school's campus. Despite being popular with the students, their academic careers were over, and they had to find a new source of income.
While in possessing Peter, a Hungry Manitou was at an impasse by his lack of fear. It established a dialogue with Peter on the mental plane. Their conversation took place in a mental construct that represented Peter's center of being, the Paranormal Studies Laboratory where a lot of fond memories were attached to.
- In real life the Weaver Hall is Havemeyer Hall which is primarily dedicated to science and math.
- The door to Venkman's office which had the note "Burn in hell Venkman" originally contained a more adult-oriented threat, but Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis felt that the family nature of the film called for a more polite joke. The reason was also re-enforced, as the footage was shown again in the Real Ghostbusters animated episode "Take Two".
- In "The Ghostbusters Storybook", the narrative oddly refers to the University as Weaver Hall University. Weaver Hall is taken from the name of the building that the Paranormal Studies Laboratory occupies at the beginning of the movie.
- At one point, the Paranormal Studies Lab was located in Weaver Hall's basement.
- On page nine of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #6, Peter holds Weaver Hall mug while interviewing Janine Melnitz.
- On page seven of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #2, on the far left is a reference to a 9'o clock appointment at Weaver Hall.
- ↑ Final Shooting Script p.2 via Spook Central
- ↑ ColumbiaUniversityReference01.jpg
- ↑ Spook Central-Columbia University
- ↑ Digby, Ann (February 1985). "The Ghostbusters Storybook", p. 2. Scholastic Inc., New York NY USA, ISBN 0590336843.
- ↑ Final Shooting Script p.13, 16 via Spook Central