Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Ghost?, the Ghostbusters are puzzled when the ghost they are trying to capture on their latest bust claims to be the one who called them! Confusion and calamity follows as a real ghost tries to rid his home of fake ghosts! 
While at a nice dinner, John and his fiance Olivia saw the Ghostbusters chasing several ghosts outside. Suddenly, the ghosts and Ghostbusters barged into the restaurant from the kitchen. John thought they could be of assistance with a ghost at their mansion and asked for a business card. Olivia, however, wanted to handle the ghost of her Uncle Horace herself, so they went home to do just that. Little did they know that one of the ghosts the Ghostbusters missed followed them home.
At the Stewart Mansion, Horace appeared and searched for something but couldn't remember what. John and Olivia dressed in sheets and chains and tried to scare Horace. The couple did scare Horace, who didn't know he was a ghost, as much as he scared them. Horace found the Ghostbusters' business card and called them in to trap what he thought were ghosts. Janine answered Horace's call just as Ecto-1 reversed inside. The guys were exhausted from working two days straight and refused to go out again. However, when Janine mentioned the Stewart Mansion and "old money," they set out immediately. When the Ghostbusters arrived they zapped Horace but stopped when he told them that he was the one who hired them.
Egon detected the other ghost with the P.K.E. Meter. Peter and Winston explored the mansion in search of the other ghost but ran into John. Horace soon got annoyed with Ray and Egon. Meanwhile, the other ghost took to dancing with Olivia fifteen feet in the air. John confessed he wasn't a ghost and explained his side of the story to Winston and Peter. Olivia was Horace's niece and she inherited the place. Since it was haunted, she couldn't sell it. They suddenly heard Olivia's scream. Everyone gathered at the play room and observed the situation. Egon, with Peter's approval, swung from a chandelier to rescue Olivia. Then the rest of the Ghostbusters zapped and trapped the mischievous ghost. After the commotion was over, Horace was able to tell Olivia he loved her one last time. This allowed him to disperse peacefully. As the Ghostbusters departed the mansion, Olivia and John decided to start their family there instead of selling it.
|Uncle Horace's Ghost: [reading from a Ghostbusters business card] Ghosts in the attic, spirits in the night, trolls on the bridge, that's alright. Call the Ghostbusters. Just dial N-O-G-H-O-S-T.|
- John mistakenly calls the Ghostbusters the "Ghost Smashers" three times in the episode. This was the original name of the Ghostbusters movie. 
- The Ghostbusters' business card references the episode "Troll Bridge" with Trolls mentioned in the slogan: "Ghosts in the attic? Spirits in the night? Trolls on the bridge? That's all right! Call the Ghostbusters. Just Dial NO-GHOST."
- Uncle Horace reads aloud the Ghostbusters' phone number, NO GHOST or 664-4678. This marks the first time the phone number is stated or seen in the animated series. Previously, in the first Ghostbusters movie, it was 555-2368.
- The 664-4678 phone number was first used in Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular, a novelization of the first movie, as 1-212-NO-GHOST.
- When the Ghostbusters returned to the Firehouse, Peter mentioned the World Trade Center.
- The first song the Sprite played was "When the Saints Go Marching In" to which Winston replied "Dixieland" an early style of Jazz music.
- When trying to be scary, Uncle Horace says "Who knows what evil lurks in the brains of ducks? Me do, me do". This is a reference to pulp magazine hero The Shadow, who was able to "cloud men's minds" so he appeared to be invisible, and claimed he knew what evil lurked in the hearts of men.
- After the Sprite is trapped, Winston remarked he won't tango again. Tango being a dance style.
- Uncle Horace's voice and appearance are based on Ed Wynn.
- Slimer doesn't appear in this episode.
- When capturing the ghosts in the restaurant, Egon is there instead of Winston but then appears back fighting ghosts at the kitchen door.
- ↑ Eatock, James & Mangels, Andy (2008). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection booklet, p. 13. CPT Holdings, Inc.
- ↑ John (2009). The Real Ghostbusters- Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Ghost? (1987) (DVD ts. 1:42-1:45). Time Life Entertainment. John says: "I say Olivia, weren't those the ah the Ghost Smashers who just ran by?"
- ↑ Mueller, Richard (August 1985). "Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular," p. 65. Tor Books, New York NY USA, ISBN 0812585984.
Episode Screen CapsEdit
Collages and EditsEdit
RGB DVD Boxset FeaturesEdit
|Previous Episode||Based on||Next Episode|
|Cold Cash and Hot Water||Air Date||The Man Who Never Reached Home|
|Banshee Bake a Cherry Pie?||DVD Order||Hanging By a Thread|