In the late 1980s, in the month of August,  a Werechicken appeared at their residence on the night of a full moon. Maude searched the chicken coop and was infected by the Werechicken. After transmogrifying into a Werechicken, she terrorized Zeke and left their home to lay a Werechicken Egg atop a pile of hay. Zeke called the Ghostbusters and reported a giant chicken ate his wife. The Ghostbusters believed this to be a false alarm but were keen on taking on any form of distraction from Egon's Weather Balloon project.
The Maude Werechicken's giant egg was confiscated by the Ghostbusters. After a series of events, the Werechicken from this egg was defeated and the Ghostbusters appeared to have successfully cured Maude and Egon with Chickenbane Soup. Maude and Zeke later made a trip to the Firehouse to celebrate with them.
- On page four and five of Ghostbusters Issue #5, Maude makes a non-canon cameo at Fantastic Land.
- On page one and on of Ghostbusters Issue #7, Zeke and Maude make a non-canon cameo as two of the hostages of the Hungry Manitou.
- ↑ Zeke (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Poultrygeist" (1988) (DVD ts. 01:38-01:40). Time Life Entertainment. Zeke says: "Sump'n's stirrin' up the chickens, Maude."
- ↑ Maude (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Poultrygeist" (1988) (DVD ts. 01:40-01:42). Time Life Entertainment. Maude says: "Jes' set easy, Zeke."
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Poultrygeist" (1988) (DVD ts. 18:57-19:00). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "Yeah, but how do you freeze a 50 foot chicken in August?"